If your team is selected, you now have one of two options:
Option 1: Dialogue New Brunswick organizes Friends Meeting Friends! for you
If you select this option, your team will meet in a location designated by Dialogue New Brunswick and our facilitators will present the following program:
- 10:00 a.m. - Students arrive. Activity: Hello my friend!
- 10:15 a.m - Icebreakers – Activity: Getting to know each other Teamwork – Activity: My pen-pal and I
- 12:00 p.m - Lunch (students must bring their lunch)
- 12:20 p.m - Travel to the afternoon activity
- 1:00 p.m - Afternoon activity
- 2:45 p.m - Saying goodbye
- 3:00 p.m - Departure
- Dialogue New Brunswick will work with each team to ensure that the student’s experience during Friends Meeting Friends! is educational, motivating, memorable and interactive.
- The program is flexible enough to accommodate your needs. Therefore if your team arrives earlier and leaves later, we can modify the itinerary accordingly.
- Dialogue New Brunswick will discuss transportation to and from Friends Meeting Friends! with teachers. Twinned classes travelling from the same school or geographical area might be asked to share a bus.
- Each year, Friends Meeting Friends! facilitated by Dialogue New Brunswick will be offered in a specific location and during specific dates.
- All activities will be presented in English and French in order to promote both official languages.
Option 2: Teachers organize Friends Meeting Friends! themselves
If you select option 2, you are responsible for organizing your team’s Friends Meeting Friends! in your area or somewhere half-way between both schools. Teachers develop a similar program to the one presented in option 1; they plan the itinerary, make appropriate reservations and organize icebreaker activities.
Dialogue New Brunswick will pay for the classes’ transportation and will reimburse up to a maximum of $100.00 per class for social and cultural activities (i.e. entrance fees). In order for you to be reimbursed, Dialogue New Brunswick must be invoiced and receive all supporting documents.